Thursday 7 July 2016

What Next?


Two months. Then we're off again. I'm so excited. This year was panning out to be pretty awful what with my poor broken back, long working hours and an apparently endless London Winter. But now we get to get back into the swing of travelling again. And suddenly, my soul is lifted.

The general idea is do some relaxed Europe travelling. One week in London, another week out. So I finish up work end of August. And the next day we'll be flying to Iceland. It's always been one of those destinations everyone raves about. It's savage natural beauty. So unencombered by human interference. What a contrast to the heaving frenzy of London. I plan on taking a very deep breath. Just in and out. That's all I want life. Simplicity. 

Next will hopefully be a sunshine filled visit to Croatia. Then cheering on Kevin at his 4th marathon in Berlin and checking out the much raved about Budapest and Prague. Then it's a final hurrah in the Netherlands where Kevin will cheering on his fellow runners at the Amsterdam marathon - yes he's that dedicated to the game. 

And last but not least fulfilling a long awaited desire to see animals. Lots of them. In the wild. In Africa. For maybe 6 weeks. Because why not. Because life. Because time has been freed like air rushing out of a balloon. So much time. Not compressed into small compartments I have to beg the rota lady for. Squeezed and pushed into neat, convenient cubes. 

So that's 3 months of travel in the pocket. And the best part? Going back to Sydney. Going home. I look forward to my first Summer thunderstorm. To my body board purchase. To sun and waves and so much laughter. I'll hug my dog. And swim in salt water. And hear my dad's voice and eat my mum's food. And I'll appreciate it so much more for being 3 years without. To be within again.

No comments:

Post a Comment