Monday 21 January 2013

The Final Countdown


Our departure date - March 2nd edges ever so slowly closer and so my excitement grows bit by bit. Time is a fickle creature. At times she's dragging by, mocking you as you sit staring at your work computer, eyes flickering to the clock every two minutes. And then, at times, it feels as if the weeks zoom by and suddenly your UK Visa is approved and in your hands and you're looking at the next item on the agenda. As it stands, I currently have under 6 weeks in the country, 4 weeks til we move back with my parent's and 13 working days left. I don't know if I'm happy because it seems so close or stressed because it seems so little time to finalise everything. 

This week I'm giving notice for my rented apartment, got my Visa's back, continuing my selling rampage, getting my rabies vaccinations and looking into travel insurance. Having the list of things to sell on my blogspot worked out well and most of the major household items are sold now which is a big relief for me. We've adjusted smoothy to a minimalist lifestyle and its doubtful that'd I ever want more 'things' in my house ever again. Kettles just seem a bit redundant now. 

It's also a countdown with all my lovely friends and family so I'm furiously making plans to see them one last time. It's odd to know that someone who you've seen every week or so will be suddenly out of your life for a while. Luckily, there's facebook.And to end my rambling, I will quote Kodos from the Simpsons and say that 'we must move forward, not backward, upward not forward, and always twirling, twirling, twirling towards freedom.


No comments:

Post a Comment